Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Week 3 from Lindsey!

Hey Phat- Tastic 5....!!!
How are you all doing?! I hope that you are all doing your best, and know that you are in it to Win It! This past week has not been my best score, but don't you worry, I have already redirected my mind and am motivation to do this. This is a whole new week, so lets push ourselves and DO THIS!!
So "Game On" has totally changed my food and beverage choices for the better! Before this challenge, I loved my Carbs-- Breads, pastas, granola bars, yogurt, hot tamales ( the candy), pretzels, and my mom working for Hershey doesnt help that much either! Not that the foods I've listed are bad, I could have just added more fruits and vergys in for snacks and added them to my meals instead of toast, or the second serving of Chicken Alfreado. But since I have started this Challenge, I find myself filling my fridge with Fruits, Vegys, cheese sticks, mugs of water pre-filled so that I can keep count of how much I am drinking, I guess it was just the convience of the granola as I'm running out the door, the 2 pieces of toast for a snack in between the meals, the diet coke if I've had a bad day or a headache, the hot tamales out on my counter in my kitchen (which they are off now and in a cupboard up high!!) So I guess what I'm saying is that we need to take TIME for meals and plan what we are going to eat and stick to it! Our bodies are so important and we need to keep healthy and strong. Sure, I did this challenge for a great way to lose weight, plus the money is a big part of it to, but I have really felt a big change of how I feel after I have eaten my meals and snacks. I am not grazing anymore, I am not watching the clock till my next meal, I'm feeling satisfied after I eat. This is not a 6 week change for me, this is a LIFETIME change for me and I have learned great habits and I will stick to them!!
We are all busy with life, families, school, and for me work. I am a Registerd Nurse...I work on the Ortho/Spine unit here in St George, UT, and its busy. There is alot of ambulation and rehab that goes on in my unit, which means planning pain meds before ambulation, Phyical Therapy and Occupational Therapy instruction that goes on, dressing changes, blood transfusions, emtional support, lifting patients-- you would think with all this activity I would be skinny,but because of how busy I am, especially in the mornings, I don't have the best eating habits! I usually dont eat breakfast, which is a big No No!! I leave for work at 5:40 in the morning and I'm usually not hungry, but if I dont eat anything, I dont get around to eating anything till past 11 or sometimes even 2:00 pm. Ya, I grab quick snacks like candy and brownies and cookies and doughnuts people bring for us to eat showing their appreciation for taking care of their family and I usually end up eating it because it is convient at the time and I am starving! Since I have starting this challenge I take my Magic Bullet to work for my shakes..I make TIME to drink it, I take a salad for lunch with lots of vegys that way it is there and I can eat it when I can and not rushing down to the Cafeteria at 1:00pm and getting whatever is on the menu. When I eat, I feel better, and I am a happy nurse, which everyone loves a Happy Nurse! haha. I am able to perform my duties at work when I feel satisfied...when you dont eat, I feel tired, I have a headache, and everyone bugs me. So i am sure that my co-workers are way happy that I did this challenge!
Its all about TIMING and PLANNING..so my Challenge for you all this week is to take time, and plan your meals and pay attention to what you put in your mouth!
Lets make the most of Week 4...WE GOT THIS!!!!!!
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment