Monday, September 20, 2010

Week 2 from JaNan

P.H.A.T CHICKS~

Week 2 was gut check time for me. The fun of Week 1 and loosing 6 pounds quickly wore off as I was plugging away through week 2 trying not to eat every piece of sugar I laid my eyes upon. I have a major sweet-tooth! But I also have something else that over-rules my sweet-tooth, and that is discipline. Once I set my mind to something, once I have committed, I am locked in until the bitter end. I realized that none of my teammates have personally met me except for Jami, so my telling you about my discipline may come off as bragging to all of you. However, that is not my intention. My point that I'm trying to make is that we all have weaknesses, you know, things that make weight-loss, or working out, or eating right hard for us. But along with those weaknesses we also have our strengths that save us during our moments of weakness. During those moments is when it's gut check time, are we going to give into the cravings, give into that nagging voice that says, "I'm too tired to work out", are we going to turn back to our old habits that are like a plague? Or..... are we going to channel our inner strengths and change our lives? The reasons for all of us doing game on may be different, the things that keep us motivated through this game are probably also different, but the things that will get us all through this game will be our individual strengths. Find out what your strengths are so we can rock week 3, this game, and the rest of our lives!

I thought I would share what I have been eating for lunch almost EVERYDAY; it's very delicious, filling, and low calorie.

1 Flat-out Wrap (it's this flat bread that only has 90 cal.---the brand name is "Flat-out")
6 slices of Oscar Myer Smoked Turkey (45 cal.)
As much yellow Mustard as your heart desires. (0 cal.)
Veggies-Here are the ones I choose to use:
Hand-full of Fresh Baby Spinach
Couple Slices of Tomato
Sliced Cucumber
Sliced Red Onion
-Then I will usually have a cup of Cantaloupe or some other fruit bringing the grand total of calories to 200-220, depending on the fruit you eat. You could eat this meal 5 times a day if you wanted to and be between 1000-1020 a day.

JaNan

No comments:

Post a Comment